home about me wanderlust singing contact

Monday, July 9, 2012

Fourth of July


Fourth in July was pretty great, albeit without fireworks. Julia and I went to a beer garden called Waldwirtschaft in Großhesselohe, a town right outside of Munich. The beer garden had a fest going on this whole weekend, starting on the 4th, called the Little American Oktoberfest. It was hilarious. American flags everywhere, a German singer dressed as a cowboy singing American country music and classic rock, prime rib, WINGS, and lots of Americans. My personal favorite was when the German cowboy sang "King of the Road." I took a video just for you, dad! The quality is crappy, but you get the picture...



If you ask me, it was the perfect way to spend the 4th while abroad :) 



2 comments:

  1. In the shot of you on the train, I particularly like the guy in the background wearing lederhosen, a Germany fußball team shirt, and an American flag hat.

    ReplyDelete