home about me wanderlust singing contact

Sunday, July 1, 2012

And the au pairing begins....and surfing!

Oooof! What a week. Sorry for my absence, but it's been busy. Yesterday my host family had a big abschluss party (goodbye party) for Bonnie. It was fun but very exhausting. I got to meet many family members and friends of the family. Now, I start my first day as the official au pair tomorrow. It should be...interesting. Wish me luck!

On another note, it's surfing time in Munich. Yes, surfing! Here in Munich in the beautiful English Gardens on the Eisbach, the river that flows through the park, you'll find surfers. They surf on a standing wave that is about a meter tall and is only for experienced surfers. Apparently people will surf all year round, even in the winter, when I'm sure the Eisbach (ice brook) is deathly cold. Nevertheless, it is very entertaining and the surfers always have a hefty audience. 



1 comment:

  1. I am obsessed with the surfers, so fun to watch, especially when there are father son combos! Good luck with the au pairing :) you'll learn the kids quirks, likes, habits, etc. quickly

    ReplyDelete