home about me wanderlust singing contact

Saturday, June 23, 2012

Munich

I made it to Munich and so far so good! My family is fantastic and the kids are adorable. I already know that it will be a great year. Although I am already here in Munich, I'm not au pairing yet. Bonnie, the current au pair, is still here and it's been so great getting to know her and having her help me get acquainted with the job. My host family invited me to come ten days early so I could see the Bayerische Oper opera studio put on the Cunning Little Vixen. It was..........interesting! If you are familiar with this opera, it is not what you would expect...at all. There was a lot of blood. That being said, the singing was soooo great. It was also exciting because L (I have decided not to use names or pictures of the children I au pair for on here due to privacy reasons) was in the children's chorus and even had a small acting role. It was such a great introduction to Munich, my host family, the kids, and L's singing!

After this, things got a bit more tricky. We all walked back together to the S-bahn, and after going one stop were told in an announcement that a BOMB from WWII was found and that we must exit the train! Apparently this type of thing happens often in Germany, maybe 3 times a year. Bombs from the war are found and everything shuts down to make sure they are disabled correctly. After we got off the train we tried to get on the tram, but it was no surprise that the tram was completely full and not even stopping to pick up more people. After an hour or so we made it home. It was exhausting but, needless to say, a very interesting first day in Munich. Here's an article (in German) about the bomb:

http://www.welt.de/regionales/muenchen/article106682679/S-Bahn-wegen-Fliegerbombe-stundenlang-gesperrt.html

Yesterday we watched the Germany- Greece Euro game and we (Germany) WON 4-2! I will write about the game sometime soon. In the meantime, I will enjoy this


and watch the France-Spain game for a relaxing night in. Bis später! 

3 comments:

  1. ah my fave Milka is Shocko+ Kekes, amazinggg!

    I had no idea they still found bombs here so often, just crazy!

    ReplyDelete